Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Update

Had a pretty great weekend!  Spent Friday night with Friends and the kids had a blast!  They always do really.  It was so fun to hear them laughing and talking with their friends.  It's just so crazy that all the babies that were born around the same time have grown to be such little people.  We, the moms, were hanging out talking just listening to them and were cracking up.  I just hope they continue these friendships as they go through life.

Saturday we had a nice lunch with Justin's parents.  Always great to see them since they live in the city and don't get to see them as often as we would like.  After lunch we drove out to Owasso and drove around a VERY nice neighborhood!  Oh to dream!!!  There are some very beautiful homes in this area and it's fun to look.  That is one thing that we do a lot as a family is drive around and look at homes all over Tulsa and the surrounding areas.  The kids actually enjoy it as well!

So part of my goals for 2011 is to get more involved in our church.  We attend LifeChurch and love it!!  So I have signed up to be a "Cast Member", this is what they call their volunteers in the LifeKids area.  I am doing Saturday nights so it doesn't interfere with Sunday family church and time.  It was so much fun!!  There were 41 kids ages 3-4!!!  That's a lot of kids!!  BUT....they were so good!  They would get crazy running around at times but once it was time to start worship time and watch the DVD as well as do their project they were quiet and listened.  So awesome what God is doing in these little ones and I get to be a part of it!!!  I do have to talk about one little girl in particular that I swear stole my heart!  Her name is Bella, what a doll!  She had the sweetest face and this dark hair that was in a bob.  A very angelic face!!  At one point she was upset about something and wouldn't say much.  I still don't know what made her cry but I just wanted to make her feel better.  She attached herself to me, as I think I did to her!  Hate to say it but she is probably going to be my "teachers pet"!!  I just kept thinking that Lincoln and Lauren would just love her and love to play with her.  May have to take Lincoln up with me sometime so they can meet!  Look at me....3 almost 4 and already trying to set him up with a nice girl!! HAHA!!!  I kid!!  I will post some pics from next weekend!  I can't wait to see their faces again!!

Sunday was another great day!  I was tired, Lincoln woke up at 4:30am and had had an accident and of course Justin didn't hear anything so I got to change sheets by myself.  But I wanted to go to church and enjoy the day.  I had to back out on my mom though on going to see a show at the PAC...Burn the Floor...looked really good but I just don't know if my eyes would have stayed open!  Had a nice lunch with Justin's parents again on their way back to the city and then we headed home.  Laundry was in my future!!!  After we got the kids down to bed for the night we crawled into bed and watched the Golden Globes.  We knew most of the movies so we didn't feel out of the loop.  Excited Glee won!  LOVE GLEE!!!  Also, guess we need to watch the Social Network.  Won a bunch of awards and looks really good!

On a spiritual note....I feel God reaching people right now in so many ways.  They are praying and asking Him for His guidance and He is speaking to them.  And...they are hearing Him!!  He is doing so many great things right now in me and I know He will continue to do so.  My hope is that several people, whom I love and are a very important part of my life, will start to make the changes as well in their life.  I am meeting with another girl today at LifeChurch to get more involved and see where I am needed!  I am so excited!  I hope that Justin will start to get involved as well!  What a great and awesome example would that be for our kids and what an impact that would have on our marriage!  I am hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment