Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Good Day!

I woke up this morning not knowing how the day was going to go or what was going to happen.  I knew I there were some errands I needed to run and was going to have to take the kids with me, which I try not to do very often as a quick in and out stop turns into a longer stop than necessary.  Either way....I didn't know what was going to happen today or how I would feel at the end of it!  So I got myself and the kids ready and ventured out into the world.  For some reason I made an unconscious, and I say unconscious because it didn't even occur to me until this evening, that I was going to enjoy every moment with my kids today.  Control my impatience and not let the fighting, whining and other "joys" of having 2 toddlers get to me.  I seriously enjoyed every waking moment with them!!  I loved today and can honestly say that today was the best day I've had in awhile!  Some other things happened today that I feel my prayers and God's mysterious workings are taking form.  Lots of hurt and anger out there and if we would just talk to Him and ask Him for guidance and show us the path we are supposed to take I believe He will show you.  You have to be open and receptive to the possibility that it may not go exactly the way you think it will or want, heck....it's not supposed to be easy.  But believing in Him and His path for each of us the key!  
I was in a situation today that I feel I was supposed to be there for a reason.  I hope the people I love so dearly open their hearts, start to heal and make a decision on the path that is right for them and in which He is directing them towards.  Believe me I have my own "crap", but feel I am learning so much about myself and how I can take my own advice when being there for a friend.  All I can say is WOW!!  As Oprah would say an "Ah Ha" moment.  Think I've had a lot of those lately!  I have so much faith in what he is doing through me right now.  I feel like he is guiding my on my path and I am starting to feel at peace with myself and where I am going!  God is good!!!
  
Lauren had ballet tonight and she is doing so great in class.  Really participating, which was a challenge at first, but she is really into it now.  I LOVE IT!!  She has a recital in May and it will be so cool to see her dance her very first recital on the same stage that I danced my last my senior year with the same teacher.  Talk about full circle!  It is so awesome to see my little girl and think that this is maybe how my mom felt when she watched me as a little girl in my tutu, leotard and ballet shoes watching me dance around a studio and on stage.  I cherish these moments and times and don't want to miss or forget a moment because it's important and I know she will remember that I was there.  Really need to find something for Lincoln!  I like the golf or tennis route!!  Less contact the better! HAHA!!!  I don't want my baby to get hurt!  I kid!  Just need to get him involved.  Since he starts Pre-K in the fall....*gulp**tear*....I will have a better idea of what is available and maybe something he will like.

So I end with this.....today was not just a good day....it was a GREAT day!  Not that seeing dear friends, people I love so much, go through a struggle makes it great but that maybe they are starting to heal and get on a spiritual path that will help them along the way.  I feel this is what He has in mind for me.  I feel that this is MY path and I love it!  He is going to do great things through me and I hope that doesn't sound arrogant!  I truly believe it!  I am so excited about it!!  So....I feel great about today and am looking forward to what tomorrow brings!  

Much love to you all!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great day! Sadly, it is so hard to enjoy every waking moment with kids isn't it? That's my struggle too. I want to be more patient and just enjoy the moments with the boys...even when it's REALLY hard. I'm so happy that you are being obedient to God's will for your life and that you were able to be there for friends in their time of need today. Hope you have another great day today!

    ReplyDelete